This page last updated on
Useful External Links
Useful external links
- The national Ramblers web-site has a
local groups' page giving web sites or e-mail contact addresses where available.
- Other local walking groups:
West Berks ,
Berkshire Weekend Walkers (40s & 50s group),
Berkshire Walkers (20s & 30s group).
South East Berks
Windsor & District
- HF Holidays are Ramblers' preferred holiday partner and offer a great range of holidays at their own UK centres and elsewhere.
- Ramblers Walking Holidays provide holidays under several brandings, please follow the links below:
Ramblers Walking Holidays- https://www.ramblersholidays.co.uk
Cruise and Walk Holidays- https://www.ramblersholidays.co.uk/cruise-and-walk
Adagio Holidays- https://www.adagio.co.uk/page/home
They can also provide Private Group Holidays Click Here
- Another organisation providing excellent holidays for ramblers that LVR have used is Secret Hills Walking
- Rohan make gear to keep you protected and comfortable in the world’s wildest places. They have sponsored our long distance trail 'The Wokingham Way'
- Ordnance Survey can be contacted for
details of all maps as well as purchase by e-mail. They have an excellent low-cost online service OS Maps Online.
- Wokingham Borough Council have
a web-site covering all local council activities and organisations.
Country-side web site.
- West Berkshire Council cover Rights
of Way to the west of the Wokingham/Loddon Valley area.
- The Pedestrians Association representing the interests of all walkers.
- Sustrans - for the National
Cycle Network and Safe Routes to Schools initiatives.
- Smoothhound can provide
you with an excellent choice of B&Bs, Guest Houses and places to
- Walking the Way to Health Initiative,
launched in October by the Countryside Agency and British Heart Foundation,
aims to get 200 community-based projects over the next 5 years promoting
walking for health in England.
- Institute of Public Rights of Way Officers - the local government officers that look after footpaths, bridleways and
byways on our behalf!
- Enjoying country
pursuits, particularly rambling safely