Three Castles Path
- This booklet, first published in 1992, covers a footpath route through the Berkshire and Hampshire countryside from Windsor to Winchester.
- It is based upon the 13th century journeys taken by King John at the time of Magna Carta.
- Covers a total length of 60 miles which can be taken in easy stages
- Illustrated in colour with historical notes
- Also incorporates six short circular walks.
Points of interest include:
- The Long Walk through Windsor
- Englemore Pond and Swinley Park (Ascot)
- The Lookout at Bracknell
- Eversley Church - where Charles Kingsley, of Water Babies fame, was vicar
- Odiham Castle
- Greywell Tunnel - an official bat reserve!
- Norman Church at Upper Wield
- Winchester Castle and Cathedral